It consists of:
- A CXA (fits the MITERSlathe) boring bar holder with a 3/4" split bushing
- The cheapest 2" boring head I could find
- A 3/4" shank for the boring head
Total damage was ~$100.
I turned a couple 3/4" I.D. thrust bushings:
The little radial-keyway allows the handle to be rotated 180 degrees and still have positive interference with the back of the boring head shank (which I filed a matching keyway into).
Threw together a quick carbide insert holder. Someone else was on the mill, so all the shaping was done with a file, belt sander, and bench grinder:
Almost done. The two set screws are used to tighten the play out of the split bushing:
To test it out, I turned a ball for the end of the handle. Success!
The ball was tapped, threaded onto the end of the handle, and locked with some red loctite:
Not bad for an afternoon.